Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Express yourself....


In my hatchery investigation so far I have done research on elements that inspire me. This has developed a design concept that involves ideas. From this I thought of an idea in a visual sense. This then led me to the light bulb. But after speaking with Suzanne, I found that I needed to expand on this idea a little more. So I did more thinking about developing this concept and came up with the concept of idea nodes. The definition of a node is a connecting point at which several lines come together, or in botany terms, the small swelling that is the part of a plant stem from which one or more leaves emerge. Since a hatchery has a somewhat of an organic feel to me, I could see how a node could be tied in with this concept. But not only does a hatchery have an organic feel to me, it also has a medicinal feel which I want to incorporate into my concept. I am trying to find a balance between these two ideas and that is where I am going in the next step of the design process.

1 comment:

  1. I would say for your next step (this always helps me) add in a action word or and element which expresses movement within your design. I feel it gives me more direction and fluidity with the layout and process of designing a space.

    ReplyDelete