Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Display Ideas




When doing my designs for the display I wanted to keep the element of found objects. We had the opportunity to view some of the ideas for the fixtures the other day and the idea of different kinds of drawers were used. I thought this was interesting so I wanted to keep my designs along those lines. The idea with the dresser came from Stoel talking about how a dresser without drawers. So keeping with the drawers idea I wanted to add a dresser without drawers with items coming out of it. Another is a hanging display which would act as a screen, individual pieces that hang to make a whole image. I wanted to ask people to write the word "SELECT" on white pieces of paper and make a collage out of them. Then possibly get the two classes that worked on the project to be the ones that write the "SELECT" on the red pieces of paper to make the shield. Finally the last idea came from Josie's design that used the books. I kept with the same idea of the drawers but added some books around them and hung some from the ceiling that had the red shield put inside of the pages.

1 comment:

  1. Hey brooke!! Cool drawings. I like the idea of getting many people to contribute by writing SELECT in their own ways. :)

    ReplyDelete