Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bio

My name is Brooke Elliott and I am a graduate student at UNCG in the Interior Architecture Department with a concentration in Museum Studies. I am a local to North Carolina, I attended Guilford Middle and then Western Guilford High School for grade school. And later as an undergraduate student, I attended High Point University and studied Art, which is my first love, but I also obtained two minors in Interior Design and Art History. One of my strengths in my art background would be figure drawing, but I also am involved in other mediums such as sculpture, painting, and photography. I have found it hard to keep my focus on one particular area of art and design since I find myself having an interest in so many different areas, and also enjoying the practice of each. This is how I have found myself in the Graduate program at UNCG in Museum Studies. I feel being able to potentially be involved in the design process of exhibits, while having the ability to be around art everyday is one of the most rewarding experiences I could have being interested in so many different areas of art and design!

All that I desire to point out is the general principle that life imitates art far more than art imitates life. ~Oscar Wilde

1 comment:

  1. Great start Brookes. Good description of who you are. I would try to get a shorter permanent description up top, because this post will slowly shift down and get lost. Also try and get an image up top to go with your name. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete